The field of Wool Testing for IANZ Laboratory Accreditation covers sampling, weighing and testing of wool for certification in New Zealand. The criteria for the accreditation by IANZ of wool testing laboratories have been developed in conjunction with the National Council of New Zealand Wool Interests.
With accreditation, wool testing laboratories receive formal recognition of their technical competence after assessment of their processes, facilities, staff and other key factors which relate to, and impact on the quality of the testing service provided.
IANZ Laboratory Accreditation for Wool Testing and Sampling laboratories is in compliance with NZS ISO/IEC 17025: General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories, and specific technical criteria.
Classes for wool testing include:
- Fibre diameter
- Length and strength
- Other tests and certification
Assessment for wool testing accreditation gives consideration to:
- Laboratory accommodation and safety
- Laboratory equipment management and calibration
- Laboratory staff
- Laboratory test methods
- Uncertainty of measurement
- Identification of test items
- Reports and records
- Computer-controlled test equipment
- Proficiency testing and quality control
- Management system maintenance and implementation