The field of Applied Physics for IANZ Laboratory Accreditation covers a wide range of measurements of physical quantities and tests on materials, components and structures.
With IANZ accreditation, applied physics testing laboratories receive formal recognition of their technical competence after assessment of their processes, facilities, staff and other key factors which relate to, and impact on the quality of the testing service provided.
- NZS ISO/IEC 17025: General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories, and specific technical criteria.
Assessment for applied physics accreditation gives consideration to:
• Laboratory accommodation and safety
• Laboratory equipment management and calibration
• Laboratory staff
• Laboratory test methods
• Uncertainty of measurement
• Identification of test items
• Reports and records
• Computer-controlled test equipment
• Proficiency testing and quality control
• Management system maintenance and implementation
Classes of test
• Acoustic and vibration measurement
• Heat and temperature measurement
• Optics and photometry
• Controlled environments (biohazard cabinets)
• Energy efficiency
• Fire engineering